But, I’ve got ya!
I have taken a deep dive into two beasts in the hair growth game and gone head to head with them: Aveda Invati vs. OGX Thick & Full.
We’re looking at things like:
- Application method (whether you want a topical or pill specifically, this is good to know)
- Hair suitability (some topical products don’t work as well for different hair types)
- How long to results?
- Price (which, of course, overall will be determined by how it takes to get results
- And all the rest…
Aveda Invati Advanced Thickening Conditioner
Aveda Invati Advanced Thickening Conditioner 6.7 oz
- Aveda Invati ADVANCED Exfoliating Conditioner 6.7 Oz Instantly thickens and delivers weightless conditioning to help protect the hair from breakage. Naturally derived amino acids mimic hairs building blocks to help strengthen hair from roots to ends. Hair is left thicker with fullness that lasts all day.
Active Ingredients: Amla Extract, Rice Bran Oil
Hair Type Suitability: Thinning Hair
Usage Frequency: Daily
What The Sales Page Doesn’t Tell You About Aveda Invati### Initial Impression and Packaging When I first picked up the **Aveda Invati Advanced Thickening Conditioner**, I was genuinely intrigued by the sleek, earthy aesthetic of the packaging. The tube is simple and clean, fitting well with Aveda’s brand identity that leans towards natural and eco-friendly vibes. It felt good in my hands—sturdy but not too bulky, which is great when you’re fumbling around with wet hands in the shower. I was hopeful because of Aveda’s reputation for botanical ingredients and commitment to sustainability. And let’s be honest, the thought of getting thicker hair without having to resort to extreme measures was pretty enticing. ### Texture, Scent, and Application Opening it up for the first time, I noticed that **the scent** wasn’t overpowering—it had this herbal aroma that Aveda is known for. You either love it or feel indifferent about it; I personally found it refreshing compared to some overly perfumed products on the market. The texture surprised me a bit; it was creamier than I expected from something meant to thicken hair—I was worried it might weigh down my strands. But as I worked it through my hair from mid-lengths to ends (avoiding roots like a plague because hello, greasy scalp), it felt quite nourishing. Applying conditioner sometimes feels like a guessing game—how long should you leave it in? With this one, after letting it sit for a couple of minutes as directed on the bottle, I rinsed thoroughly. ### Performance: Did It Deliver? Here’s where things get real: – Did my hair feel thicker? Yes and no. Initially, after drying my hair did seem fuller. But don’t expect miracles—it’s not like you suddenly have twice as much hair. – Softness vs Volume: There’s always that fear with conditioners meant for thickening that they’ll leave your hair feeling straw-like. Thankfully, this kept things soft while slightly amplifying volume. – Sustainability: My strands did feel stronger over time—I experienced less breakage which probably contributes to overall fullness. However (and there’s always a however), if you have really fine or oily hair like me, using this daily can start feeling heavy after a few washes—even avoiding those roots didn’t keep my scalp from feeling greasier sooner than usual. ### Value and Overall Thoughts So here’s where your wallet clenches a little: Aveda products aren’t cheap. When considering whether or not **this thickening conditioner** is worth its price tag: – Think about how much you’re willing to invest in your hair care routine. – Are botanical ingredients important to you? – Is supporting environmentally responsible companies high on your priority list? Value-wise—well—it lasts quite some time since you don’t need heaps per wash (less is more approach works best). That being said… ### What You Should Know Before Buying Let me lay down some honesty here: – It won’t replace other treatments if you have serious thinning issues—it’s more of an everyday product rather than an intensive treatment option. – If eco-friendly practices rank high on your list—Aveda does ensure responsible packaging and sustainable sourcing. And what do I wish? Well… I wish there were clearer instructions regarding how often someone with different types of hair should use this conditioner—for people who are prone to oiliness but still want thickness without sacrificing cleanliness too soon. In summary: Would I recommend **Aveda Invati Advanced Thickening Conditioner**? If thickness paired with natural ingredients strikes your fancy—and if your budget allows—go for it! Just remember that managing expectations will save from disappointment; think fuller-feeling locks over instant lion’s mane transformation!
OGX Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo
OGX Thick & Full + Biotin & Collagen Volumizing Shampoo for Thin Hair, Thickening Shampoo with Vitamin B7 & Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Paraben-Free, Sulfate-Free Surfactants, 13 fl oz
- Give thin, flat hair a beautiful boost with the hair thickening power of this nutrient-rich volumizing shampoo Infused with vitamin B7, biotin and collagen, it leaves hair looking fuller and healthier
- PLUMP UP THE VOLUME: The 13-fluid ounce bottle of OGX Thick and Full Biotin and Collagen Shampoo
Active Ingredients: Biotin, Collagen
Hair Type Suitability: All Hair Types
Usage Frequency: Daily
What The Sales Page Doesn’t Tell You About OGX Thick & Full
When I first picked up the OGX Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo from the shelf, I’ll admit, it was partly because of the pretty purple bottle. The packaging definitely has a luxe feel that caught my eye. But beyond aesthetics, I was really hoping it’d be the solution to my flat, lifeless hair. I mean, who doesn’t want their hair to feel thicker and fuller?
At first sniff, the scent is pretty pleasant – not too overpowering but definitely there. It’s a sweet, sort of salon-like smell that makes you feel like you’re treating yourself to something special. The texture is also nice; it’s got this creamy consistency with a pearlescent look that lathers up quite well in your hands before you work it into your locks.
However, what they don’t tell you on the product page is how long that scent sticks around after you rinse off. For some people, having their hair carry a fragrance all day can be great but for others (especially if you’re sensitive), it might be too much.
Using this OGX shampoo for the first few weeks was an interesting experience for me.
- After each wash, my hair did seem bouncier and felt slightly thicker.
- The biotin and collagen blend promised to beef up strands and indeed there was a noticeable change in volume, at least temporarily.
- I found that my usually fine hair had more grip and texture post-shower – styling became easier.
- If your scalp tends to get oily or if you are prone to dandruff – this might not be your Holy Grail shampoo; sometimes I felt like it didn’t quite cleanse thoroughly enough for those issues.
- Over time, I noticed that while my hair initially appeared fuller post-wash during those first few weeks, the effects didn’t seem as lasting as I hoped. My hair would return to its normal state rather quickly – often by next wash day.
- I wish they’d specify more about recommended usage – like if daily use could contribute to buildup or weigh down fine strands over time because that seems probable based on my experience.
The Ingredient Breakdown
Sulfate-Free Yet Foamy?One thing about OGX Thick & Full Biotin & Collagen Shampoo everyone raves about is how it’s sulfate-free which means less harsh chemicals stripping down your beautiful mane. Cheers to no sulfates! But let’s get real:
- Sulfate-free shampoos are supposed to be gentler on your scalp and strands which works great for some folks who swear by clean beauty standards.
- In practice though, being sulfate-free doesn’t always equate with being super moisturizing or leaving out other chemicals – there are other ingredients here that help create lather which can still strip essential oils from your scalp if overused.
- If we’re talking long-term health of our tresses – understanding these ingredients should come high on our priority list when selecting any shampoo. Transparency about these would go far!
The Price Point Vs Performance RatioOne might assume a pricier potion promises unparalleled results but let’s hash out whether this rings true with OGX. Firstly,
- The cost isn’t steep compared with salon brands; however,it does sit above many drugstore options offering similar benefits.
- << li>You’re getting a decent amount of product for what you pay so one bottle lasts quite some time even with regular showers – especially since a little goes along way thanks to its rich lather.>
> It’s notnecessarilybudget-friendly option for everyone considering how often may need replace depending usage habits.<
Aveda Invati takes the crown for ingredient quality. With naturally derived ingredients like rice protein and certified organic amla, it’s tailored for those seeking a luxe, plant-based solution. OGX Thick & Full, while effective, leans more on common hair care additives like biotin and collagen.
For budget-conscious buyers, OGX Thick & Full is the clear winner. It offers a more affordable route to volumizing and strengthening hair without the premium cost of Aveda’s lineup.
Effectiveness for Hair Loss
Aveda Invati Advanced boasts a significant reduction in hair loss—by 53%. If you’re grappling with thinning hair, Aveda’s targeted approach might be your best bet compared to OGX’s general volumizing effects.
Suitability for Hair Types
Both brands cater to various hair types, but Aveda Invati Advanced goes the extra mile with specialized formulations. If you’ve got medium to thick hair that’s thinning, Aveda’s customized care could be the game-changer.
Nourishment and Conditioning
Again, Aveda Invati Advanced outshines with its conditioning prowess, especially for those needing intense nourishment. OGX holds its own but doesn’t quite match Aveda’s deep conditioning capabilities.
Scalp Health and Anti-Aging Benefits
With antioxidants to shield against premature aging, Aveda Invati Advanced is the top pick for maintaining scalp health and protecting your locks from aging factors.
OGX Thick & Full wins in accessibility. It’s easier to find in local stores and doesn’t require a hefty investment or a trip to a specialty retailer like Aveda might.
For further insight on hair care battles and personalized routines, check out how Hairfinity squares off against Nutrafol, or dive into crafting your own personalized hair routine. If you’re curious about other hair regrowth solutions, explore the Rogaine vs Viviscal showdown, or compare Viviscal and Nioxin head-to-head. And if you’re dealing with hair loss, learn about the causes and solutions for hair loss in women.
Unfortunately, there aren’t any relevant YouTube video reviews available at this time that meet the criteria for embedding.